Wednesday 25 April 2018

Studio Brief 1 - Greta Madline Editorial

To present my creative report, I decided to create a magazine editorial for my interview with Greta Madline. I did not follow the usual process of creating initial ideas, research or design developments for this outcome. This was because I simply wanted to design something that I would enjoy doing and that would be stress free. In the same way I found my communication and interview with Greta very casual, playful and fun, that's how I treated the process and design of this creative report outcome. I did a magazine/editorial design because it was something I've never done before, only seen, so I wanted to try it out and experiment with it. I also enjoyed mostly making the custom type title for the interview, and the illustrations I accompanied with the interview. I know that this outcome is nothing that is new or fresh in terms of design. In fact, it is quite typical in its use of type and layout. However, I treated the design of this outcome as something that should not necessarily be the most professional or clever, but as something that was simply enjoyable to design and pleasant to look at. Using the custom title and illustrations I believe added a sense of excitement and energy to the magazine editorial design, which highlights Greta's personality and brings something more visually interesting to the design.


No comments:

Post a Comment